Friday, October 17, 2014

Class Related Blog

In class I had to share my personal statements with my classmates. I was very uncomfortable with sharing it because a personal statement has the word personal in it for a reason so its meant to be kept to myself and not to be to shared with others. In my essay I discussed the hardships I experience in  my life that I was able to overcome. My personal statement is about my flaws and how I felt about myself at one point of time. In my personal statement there are things that I have  not discuss with my mother so why should I feel comfortable with sharing it with people I barely know. Its not that I am embarrassed of it, its just something I rather keep to myself. By letting others read my writing will give them an insight of my actual feelings and that's somethings that I'm not willing to let happen. After Ms. Hegeman told me the assignment I refused to do so I called  my mom letting her know what was going on in class. In results me and Ms. Hegeman spoke and she was able to give me an alternative in order to get credit for this assignment.The alternative was to help my friend brainstorm enough to start her first draft of her personal statement. By the end of the class me and my friend was able to compete the first paragraph of her essay. I was happy I was able to work out something between me and Ms. Hegeman that does not include me sharing my personal statement. I am also happy I was able to help someone who was struggling with constructing or finding something to discuss in their essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment